We are finishing up our first math unit, Shapes and Designs.
The Unit Test is scheduled for Thursday 10/29.
Start studying now to make sure you're ready!
Final Study Guide - Shapes and Designs
2. Solve real-life and mathematical problems involving angle measure, area, surface area, and volume.
Review - Investigation 11. Sorting and sketching of regular polygon (specific to parallelogram and triangle)
2. Benchmark angles
3. Measuring angles
Review - Investigation 21. Formulas - sum of angles in a regular polygon (n = the number of sides in polygon)
• S (sum of angles) = 180 (n-2)
• A (individual angle in a polygon) = 180 (n-2) / n
2. Finding exterior angles in a polygon.
Review - Investigation 31. Sides lengths and forming triangles:
• The sum of the two shorter sides must be greater then the longer side in a triangle
2. How to create a unique triangle:
• SAS (side-angle-side),
• AAS (angle-angle-side),
• SSS (side-side-side),
• ASA (angle- side-angle)
3. Finding angle measures when given parallel lines and transversals.
• supplementary angles
• complementary angles
• isosceles/equilateral triangle properties
• parallelogram/square/rectangle properties
• angle sums for regular polygons
Specific work to review:• Warm-up problems (Do Nows)
• Specific ACE Problems or Investigation Problems to review to review:
•Inv 1 ACE: #10 page. 27, Check-in Quiz, Problem 1.4 C and D page .21
•Inv 2 ACE: #1 page. 52, #12 page. 54,
•Inv 3 Problem 3.2 A, ACE #9 page. 77, Problem 3.4 B and C page. 70
• Check-in 1 and Partner Quiz Inv 2