Study Guide for Stretching & Shrinking Unit Test
Assessment will be on Wednesday, March 2nd
- Apply coordinate rules to stretch or shrink shapes and then plot them.
- Understand ways that stretching or shrinking a figure affects lengths, angle measures, perimeter and area.
- Draw shapes on coordinate grids and use coordinate rules to stretch (x, y), shrink and move the shapes.
- Determine the way that stretching and shrinking a figure affects lengths, angle measures, perimeters, and areas.
- Identify similar polygons and use scale factor and side length ratios to prove similarity between polygons.
- Calculate scale factor of two similar shapes and find measures of angles in similar polygons.
- Apply relationship of scale factor to perimeter and area.
- Use the properties of similarity to find distances and heights that you can’t measure.
- Use specific vocabulary appropriately, use the terms we have learned and discussed in class - specific vocabulary is posted in the classrooms as well as on the Math Blog.
Material to Review:
- Review and redo problems from the unit Check-ins, Checks for Understanding, warm up problems, in-class practice sheets.
- Problems from the text: Problem 2.2 (pages 30 & 31), page 32 the definition of similar (the two bullet points under the bold word), Problem 2.3 (pages 34 & 35), Problem 3.1 (page 52), Problem 41. B (page 83), Problem 4.2 (page 84), Problem 4.4 D (page 89).
- Unit Review in your book (pgs. 108-110) specifically #s 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6.
Study sessions will be held on Monday, February 29th in room 210, Tuesday, March 1st in room 207 and Wednesday, March 2nd in room 214, all starting at 7:10 a.m. Come with questions or to work through some final problems that will solidify your knowledge and increase your confidence. Teachers will also be available during study halls each day and after school by appointment.